Actually, everybody can write good website texts, or…? We’re conviced that this works without much experience, as long as you can and enjoy writing. But it’s important – for beginners aslike for professionals – to care about some rules.
This is how online texting works
- Keyword / topic: First, focus on a topic and then describe that in detail for your notes. Then detect the best spelling (for Google and your target group) by using the auto completion of our SEO plugin. If the auto suggestions don’t fit your expectations, focus better on your own spelling.
- Write a brief and attracting headline. This headline should regularly be the same as the (meta) title of your content. You find very good tips to write attractive headlines in the following video of the marketing consultant Feldman:
Attention: use the headline 1 exactly once per content page.
- Enrich your content with 1 appropiate image. The best source is own photos, illustrations and graphics, as they are often much more distinctive than stock images. Furthermore, you can establish an own pictorial language. Stock images don’t just often look the same, they can also often be detected from Google as duplicate content and so can’t be used for image SEO, as own images. For optimal social sharing the images should have a width-height -relation of 2:1. The width should be at least 600px, the height 315px. To optimize for Google’s image search and for large header images, 1200px x 630px are better. If you have very long texts, you should use more images and arrange them on a rotating bases on the left and on the right of your texts.
- Write in both, your content and meta data, the most important information first. That’s neccessarily because website visitor’s have only a very limited span of awareness: about 1 sec less then a gold fish. So, they need all relevent information to decide if it’s worth staying on your website as soon as possible.
Care about correct spelling in your websites’ contents and avoid too complicating terms. Write short and easy to understand sentences. Furthermore, we recommend you to avoid too many facts and instead explain them more emotional. That means: write more creative instead of texting in the same main stream way as your competitors. This makes you more sympatically and your contents worth to share in social media. You might make your contents also through images and videos more viral, but distinctive texts are often significantly easier to create.
- Format your texts correctly and make their layout easy to read. Use paragraphs which have maximum ¾ of the size of a smartphone display and describe them with sub headlines. Shorter paragraphs make your texts seem less longer and are easier to read – especially on mobile devices. Also use lists and quotations, to make them more alternating. Ask yourself: can I quote a customer’s voice? Reviews and the connection to the realily do make your information more trustworthy – especially when you offer products or services. Those reviews should then be enriched with rating stars of our plugin, to offer Google the possibility to show them directly in the search results (Google does not do that very often, but if it decides, it makes your website in the SERPS – search results pages – much better visibile).
- Check and optimize your contents with the WDF*IDF analysis for more thematical relevance. But don’t over optimize them and avoid unnatural repetitions of your focus keyword (this increases the risk of being penalized for „keyword stuffing“).
- Insert minimum one link in your content, which leads to more relevant information. In the best case this is some other content on your website, so this link is an internal one. If you can only link another website, that’s either not bad. You can let set up rules in the link module of our plugin, to make all external links being opened in a new tab and tell Google, to ignore them (we call that „nofollow“).
Both, your visitors and Google love extensive information about your topic. Short: transparent and consistent infos. If you optimize your contents for your visitors and write them interesting and relevant, you can perform awesome in the search engine. But if you under or over optimize them, you’ll have to go through them again, very soon.
So, better start optimizing your contents with our seo tool by now!