Relevant information is the strongest Google ranking factor. Our plugin helps you to optimize your texts right on cue.
Select if the meta descriptions of your contents should be used as introductions in your RSS feeds. This is recommended to pull those users, who follow your website via news readers directly on your website. Because if not, you would try hard to monetize or convert them, if you just use one of WordPress’ standard settings: full entries in feeds or just the excerpt, which is nothing more than the begin of your regular content.
You can also insert your pages in the RSS feed. As the blog posts and other post types of wordpress can not be displayed in the same hierarchical order as the pages, you can focus only on pages through this feature and push them via RSS in the meantime. This logic thing is the only disadvantage in WordPress compared to Typo3 or other CMS.
The memo field is for internal notices: We use it for being able to recognize our contents easier in the lists of posts, pages and custom post types (ctps) and for collaboration hints. We practically begin here with a number to show our priority and to be able to sort the information then alphabetically.
E.g.: 2 Software – Check wdf*idf optimization texts
Semantic and wdf*idf anaylsis
The semantic analysis helps you to ensure that you set the correct formats of your texts. The analysis happens during you write your contents, after you once saved them (in a draft). So try to internalize our check list for semantic formats.
The wdf*idf analysis helps you to optimize your contents word by word, by comparing your texts with your competitors.
In the settings of our text optimization module you can define the criteria, which the optimization should care of. We let those criteria almost completely flexible, so that you can fine tune them for your branch and language from time to time:
- Therefore, you can select the minimum length of characters for one word, which the tool should give our for you. The limit also depends on branch relevant words. If the shortest important word is for example SEO, you should set a limit of 3, so the tool won’t tell you to insert words like “he, she it” in your contents.
- Then you can activate a stop words list and let the tool also respect those words from the url optimization. If you activate the option, that doesn’t mean that the plugin will copy all fields directly to the stop words textarea here. This text area is exclusively for text optimization stop words. If you later add a word to the stop words list in the content editor, it will appear here.
- Then you can choose the minimum amount, a word should appear to be respected in the wdf*idf analysis.
- Select, how many words you want to receive in your analysis’ results then. We regularly take 20-50.
- You can also select there, which search engine you want to select for each language of your page.
Then you should optimize all contents with the semantic and wdf*idf optimization. There, in the editing mode, you just need a defined keyword for your content and to safe the entry once (as a draft). Then click on the “Google” button and search the engine for the best 3-5 competitors. Copy their full urls and paste them in the competitors list of the text optimization widget. Safe your content again by clicking on the actualization button and then run the analysis.
After you received the list of results first go through your text and try to insert all words. If you find words in the list, which don’t make any sense for your site, remove them from the list and add them to the stop words list by clicking on the small red remove-icon on the right. The same procedure also works with brand new texts: just copy and paste the whole list of words in your content editor and then write your content / story around them. Try to write your content as long as the average competitor and use all words in a similar amount as mentioned there. This sounds easy here, but will be much work. This is competition and your chance to become better than the others.
SEO tip for content optimization
To get your new contents as fast as possible into the Google index, without the need of being listed for Google news, do the following:
After you published a blog post or another content visit the Google Webmaster Tools / Search Console. There click on Crawling > Test like Google and add there the content’s link. Then click on “crawl”. After the crawl is finished click on “send to index”. Less important contents should be crawled without their links being followed. More important ones should be crawled with their links. For this ones I also recommend you to let the most relevant referring content being crawled this way also. Then click on submit and the content will appear very soon in the index.
For important new content or major changes to your page, you should then submit the page with all its direct links to Google. In this case, submit again the most important page that links to your new content. Since the number of these calls is limited, I usually recommend you to send only the single link to “G”.
Check list for semantic formats
Please care about this basic rules for your text formats:
- Exactly one headline 1 is allowed per page
- We recommend you to use at least two headline 2 or headline 3 formats in each content
- If your context is longer: Insert IDs in your headlines 2 and 3 and link those headlines with their IDs in a list of contents or a vertical navigation (like here on the left).
- Insert at least two links in each text (it doesn’t really matter if they’re internal or external links)
- Structure your text with lists or images
- Use bold formats to highlight introductions or important keywords
- Use italic formats for emphasis
- Compare your text length with your competitors. Try to write as long and detailed as they do and let yourself be inspired from the results of our wdf*idf analysis. But avoid stretching your content by using filler words.