WordPress SEO Text Analysis
Relevant texts are the most important lever for search engine optimization. Our SEO tool helps you to optimize your content to the word exactly, instead of enticing you like other SEO plugins with a statement on the keyword density to the so-called “keyword stuffing”.
In the SEO industry we refer to the basic principle of our text analysis with the “WDF*IDF optimization”. It usually compares its own website content with the 20 strongest competitors to a previously defined keyword. Since you would also compare with Wikipedia and other sites and the results are difficult to interpret, we have adjusted our text analysis even finer:
In our concentrated WDF IDF analysis, we only compare your website content with those of you selected competitors (left column). You will then be shown relevant terms that you have already used (green tick) or you could still use (red “X”). Incidentally, the right column also shows those terms that you have defined as keywords in the metadata. Because you can only rank to those terms that you mentioned in your content.
We deliberately refrain from giving you any keyword frequencies or frequencies, just telling you what you could use in your content. If a term is not relevant to you, you’ll get a remove button by mouse-over. By clicking on it you put the term on an ignore list. With this so-called stopword list, your text analysis becomes smarter, as the terms will be ignored in the future.
The great thing about our analysis: When writing in WordPress, you can formulate more relevant texts without being misled into spamming. Please pay attention to the readability and grammar of your content despite all the analyzes. After all, you want to convince your visitors – Google does not buy anything from you.
Since every WordPress setup works with different basic formatting and it annoyed many of our users that we make blanket statements, we’ve removed all formatting analysis from our plugin. Basically, formatting from SEO perspective are also overrated. It’s best to concentrate your content on a strictly hierarchical structure.
This means that after your title (which is usually automatically converted to heading 1), you will only use heading 2 and 3 formatting in the content. Although you can define H4 and lower in addition to the H2 and H3 formatting, you can not distinguish the particular browser from bold formatting.
Keyword strong formatting: There is practically no SEO technology to emphasize certain terms so. That’s why: Stay with the basics and risk nothing here.
- First, you can activate a field for internal thoughts about which you can, for example, save ideas for future optimizations. Especially in publishers and larger websites, this is helpful so that each colleague can inform himself about the intentions and plans of each content.
- If you want to add not only the blog posts, but also pages to your RSS feed, you can enable this feature here. Especially for complex content and for web specials, it often makes sense to use the pages instead of the blog posts from WordPress, because you can assign pages hierarchically (as this guide).
- You can preview the introduction of your content in RSS news readers. Then, along with the post image, it can bring readers to your site better than if you use the standard RSS preview of WordPress (via the so-called Excerpt) or display the entire content in news readers. But check your reading settings in WordPress.
- Define which search engine you want to use to search your competitors in the text analysis. If you click on the “Search results” button in the text optimization, you will receive them depending on the selected search engine and your focus keyword. This is followed by your individual ignore list. Here you can use any terms, such as Add comma-separated brand names to your competitors or remove falsely ignored terms.
- Since our URL module also has such ignore or stopword lists, you can also include its data. The URL module’s stopword lists are currently available in English, German, French and Spanish. You can supplement the data for any language.
- Then you can do a few professional settings to get more or less (accurate) results from our concentrated WDF*IDF analysis. The best way to experiment with the settings is to analyze a selected content after saving.
- Last but not least, there are two alpha features: extra shortcodes that let you hide text sections for mobile devices and certain shopper personalities. Since the two features are still being tested by us and some other SEO experts, we currently advise against using them. If you want to use them, please contact our support.